The Whānau Awhi team will...
- Walk alongside tamariki and their whānau who are confronted with challenges that can have an impact on their health and well-being, social, education and financial situations.
- Focus around the strengths and needs of tamariki and their family/whānau, emotional well-being, relationships, barriers, parenting and relationships within the family home.
- Connect with your early childhood provider, other agencies, non-government organisations and communities to put the child first and ensure their voices are heard.
- Share information and create one plan for each child and their family/whānau.
- Believe early intervention is key
- Is confidential
- Provide a free service
Please click Download File to download our brochure
Meet The Team
Kia ora my name is Louise Hamilton.
My role in Whānau Awhi is Whānau Facilitator supporting family/whānau and teachers with positive teaching strategies and helping to remove barriers so children can flourish.
Kia ora my name is Jodi Kohu.
My role at Nelson Tasman Kindergartens is Kaiarahi Māori which encompasses supporting learning programs through a te ao Māori lense and Whānau Awhi by navigating Māori supports and services to support children’s wellbeing outcomes.
For All ECE Referrals...
Please click on 'Download File' to download a referral form as a writable pdf or in Word.