This weekend we put our clocks back as it is the end of daylight saving so here are a few ideas to help you and your children adjust:
- keep to your regular routine of what always happens before you put your children to bed.
- keep the children up a bit later than usual so they sleep that little bit longer on Sunday morning.
- don't expect your children to stay in bed until the normal time in the morning, except that they will get up earlier, but encourage them to snuggle down for a bit longer, perhaps in your bed.
- don't allow them on devices or in front of a screen before bed as technology will prevent their mind from winding down.
- do something physical with them on Sunday to tire them out so they will be tired and wan to go to sleep early on Sunday (their usual time).